ACADI members met at the University of Oxford, Department of Art History.
Topics discussed included:
- The ACADI Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Curators_of_Art_and_Design_Images. Members were invited to add links and citations.
- The issues associated with moving or disposing of institutional slide collections.
- Image quality in subscription image database resources.
- An update on the Copyright Licensing Agency Licence and the campaign for a digital image licence.
- The wording of a proposed letter to the Times Higher Educational Supplement was discussed. It will highlight the difficulties of using images under the current copyright legislation.
- The changing role of the Visual Resources Librarian. Members shared a long list of new tasks included in their remits.
- A slide catalogue archive was proposed. A list of members’ holdings will be published on the blog.
- Adoption of electronic visual resources; international comparative study.Vicky Brown and Catherine Worrall are researching the take up of electronic visual resources in the UK & Ireland vs. the USA. ACADI members were encouraged to fill out the survey emailed to the list on 6th July 2011.
Many thanks to Vicky Brown and Christine Robertson for hosting the useful and enjoyable day.
The complete minutes may be downloaded from the members’ page. Join us to read the details!